Thursday, January 3, 2013

awesome

It always amazes me how fast time flies. It seems like the days are going by faster and faster. Can you believe its 2013??? How weird. And everyone thought we wouldn't make it past December 21, 2012...



2012 was an amazing year. It brought so many great opportunities. I started   and finished my last semester of nursing school. I went to FEMA  disaster training and ate way more fried food than I ever wanted too and learned way more about bombs than I ever wanted too. Adam and I made an awesome fort for valentines day. I went on the most life changing trip of my life... Where I learned to surf, salsa danced in the street, learned some awesome helpful Spanish phrases, saw Machu Picchu, & fell in love with the people of Peru. We had our third wedding anniversary, found our first house to rent and went to Philadelphia to visit his brother. In May, I had my very first "grown up job" interview and accepted my very first "grown up job offer." We also went to Utah to attend Josh & Shelley's sealing! What an amazing thing! In June, I took and PASSED my state boards and got some fancy initials behind my name... you know R.N. [I think it stands for real nurse]. In July, we took a really fun trip to Tallulah Gorge with my parents. I also started my FIRST grown up nursing job, turned 23, & bought a new car! For Adam's birthday, I took him to Savannah, GA! We celebrated a 5 year dating anniversary, best friends weddings, and nieces birthdays.  We took trips to Charleston  SC to visit with friends from Utah & a trip to Atlanta to see one of our favorite bands with some friends I went to high school with. Adam finished the semester with amazing grades. I have been working a million hours of over time and learning more than I thought possible at my job. Survived the end of the world. We had an amazing Christmas  with my whole family. And we ended the year with Adam working [boo] and me hanging out with some of our amazing friends.

We are so excited for 2013 and everything it has to offer. Here's to hoping it includes Adam starting grad school, a summer trip to Europe, another trip to Peru, and a million more awesome adventures!


We hope all of y'all had an amazing Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, new year or whatever it is you celebrate! 

1 comment:

  1. I think of Amanda on July 22 every year and when Elder Perry talks in conference! Miss you my friend, you are special! Love ya Debbie Isasken
    would love to here more about your trip to Peru

    ReplyDelete