Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 1-Lima

I don't even know where to begin with this trip! First of all... let me say how amazing it is that my husband works for delta. Not only do we get free flights, but I flew first class to Lima with my friend Tya. We got fed a 5 course meal. Pretty amazing stuff. Peru is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been too! I am loving everything about it so far. My classmates and I came up a day early to spend the day in Lima and explore. We stayed 2 nights in a hostel in Mira Flores, which is a district of Lima. The atmosphere here is so different than in the US. It is all pretty chill and laid back and the people of Peru definitely know how to party.

We spent the day exploring Mira Flores. Here are just a few of the many pictures I took!
One of the catholic churches in Mira Flores

The love statue. So cool!

The Pacific ocean <3

My awesome wet suit! :)

284 stairs we had to go down and go back up to get to the beach

The hostel we stayed at!

Tya, Leighann, Brooke, Christine, and I all took surf lessons by some of the locals! It was only 30 bucks and we were out for about 2 hours. Let me tell ya... I don't think I have ever been so tired in my life! It was so amazing though! The water felt so good because it was pretty warm out. I don't think a career of surfing is anywhere in my future, but I would definitely do it again! My instructor [and I think most of the Peruvian men we have met really like the American girls... esp the blonde ones lol]
This is Roberto, my surf instructor/spanish teacher/salsa teacher lol
The people here really love to salsa dance. Almost every guy we met has asked us if we know how to salsa & if you say you do then they dance with you in the street. It is fun! 

One of the things that I love about Lima is the people. They love being in love and I love that! :) Couples will randomly stop in the street to hug or to kiss.. not in a gross way, but in an endearing way. And when people meet you for the first time they kiss your cheek. I could totally live in Lima [as long as my hubs came with me].

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such an amazing trip!!! That's too funny about the salsa dancing. :-) What an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable in your wet suit.

    The trip sounds amazing!

    Wow...Roberto is talented. Salsa, surfing and Spanish. (3 S's!)

    ReplyDelete