On Wednesday my classmates and I headed down to Anniston, AL to the US Department of Homeland Security for FEMA disaster training! How official and fancy does that sound?? It was 3 days of riding on a huge charter bus, sitting in a class room listening to lectures on bombs & terrorists, hands on experience, really funny instructors, playing pool, dressing in fun suits & more than enough fried food than I need for a life time.
Yep everyone got their own name tag...I know.. Official and fancy!
Dummy's in the HAZMAT suits!
Ring around the rosy break. Those are 2 of my professors
I also played pools with some friends. I am world champion pool player as evidenced by the picture below... I may or may not be moving the pool balls to my advantage. :)
we got to dress up in level C HAZMAT suits! I think I am the one on the far left?
We got to keep those white suits... I just need the awesome boots & respirator now. Adam was excited when he saw this because he thinks I look like one of the people in his nerdy video games.
2 of my good friends and I!
The trip was a lot of fun! I learned way more about bombs and terrorists than I ever wanted to know, but at least if something crazy happens then I will know what is going on.
Wow--sounds like a fun and crazy experience! That suit would be a perfect Halloween costume :-).
ReplyDeleteI actually don't konw what FEMA stands for. Uh...Federal...Emergency...Uh...I don't know the M...Association?
ReplyDeleteDaaaaaahhhhhling. You look smashing in your Hazmat suit.
You are moving so fast to move the pool balls the picture is blurry. You are like a pool playing ninja...