This morning we worked in the clinic for a few hours! Unfortunately, there weren't any patients so we ended up wrapping cotton on the tip of bamboo sticks for the colposcopys [a test to figure out why the patient's pap smear was abnormal].
After the clinic, a huge group of us went to Pisac to shop and hike up the ruins archaeological sites. It was quite the adventure trying to get there. We took 3 cabs between the group and the cab I was in dropped us off a block away from where we were supposed to be. We ended up waiting for the others in our group for like 15 minutes and then we walked around and saw them as they were leaving on the bus to Pisac. It was an interesting part of Cusco we got dropped off it. They were taxi's everywhere, tons of dogs, and we even saw some dogs on the roof. It was pretty crazy.
I know I have said this about a thousand times, but it is insane how pretty this place is! The mountains look like a post card. The market kind of reminded me of something out of Aladdin. There were probably 100 tents or so set up filled with fun things to buy! The nice thing about the market is everything was pretty cheap and you could usually barter with the owner to get it for even cheaper. Have I mentioned how beautiful I think the children here are? When we were walking around a group of little kids started chasing us with water guns and were pretending to squirt us. Then Tya gave them stickers and they were pretty excited about it.
We started to hike up the
Speaking of houses here... the mud huts here are so amazing. I could never imagine living in a place made out of mud bricks, but they are so pretty! The people here are such hard workers and it really shows in everything they do.
There is a dental clinic in CerviCusco and the head dentist made everyone dinner last night and it was AMAZING! Probably one of the best meals we have had since we were here. After dinner, we went to Momma Africa and went salsa dancing! From 9-11 every night they give free lessons! It was SO much fun! It makes me really excited to take salsa lessons with Adam! Seriously, Peru is probably the coolest place I have ever been.
I am loving hearing about you trip! You will have to fill ke in later on why you got to go to peru in the first place! Btw, Josh's sister is serving her mission in Peru right now...but I think closer to the coast, and it is nearly as pretty as where you are at. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I just read through all your posts, and now I'm so excited to go! You'll have to give us tons of tips! I can't believe how pretty it is!
ReplyDelete