Sunday, May 13, 2012

Class of 2012!

You know when you graduate from high school most people have college to look forward to in the fall? Well when you finally graduate from college there is no more school to look forward too... at least until you decide to go to grad school. It is a really strange feeling & I mean really strange. To think that I am actually done with this part of my life is so exciting & makes me kind of sad. The past 4 or 5 years have been some of the best in my life! I loved almost every minute of school & I am so grateful for everyone I met on the way & all of the many people who have supported me & helped me get to this point. Chances are if you are reading this you have impacted me in some way shape or form. Thank you!

Graduation day was absolutely perfect...Actually the whole weekend was absolutely perfect. I was surrounded by all of the people I love and people who have helped me get to this day. The morning started with the pinning ceremony. It is a tradition that goes back to good ole Flo. Newly graduated nurses are pinned by their nursing faculty. It was a fun ceremony followed by an amazing speech from our fabulous class president. 


Here I am being pinned! 
The next part of the day was the actual graduation. It felt so good to receive my [at the time my fake] diploma, walk across the stage & shake hands with the president and the dean of the nursing school. And then to sit down and realize that I was done. Done graduating. Done with school. Done with the moment I had been looking forward to since I started college. It is an amazing feeling. 




 I seriously don't think I stopped smiling all day! Below are some pictures of my biggest supporters, cheer leaders, and people that I could not have gone through nursing school without. 


I could not have done it without my amazing husband. He put up with crankiness, panic attacks, tears, & all of the other crazy things that happened over the course of nursing school. Love you babe :)



Of course my parents. The people that inspired me to be a nurse from the time I was a little girl. They always made it a point how important it is to get an education.




My sister and her family were some of my biggest cheerleaders. I can always depend on her to be excited for me when something good happened! I think she screamed louder than anyone in the entire arena when I walked across that stage! :)


My in-laws! They flew in from Utah & drove from Atlanta to be with me this weekend! They also had to put up with hearing numerous stories from clinical and class! 


Lauri! You are basically a part of the family! I appreciate that you came to Augusta to be with me on my day & everything else you have done for me! 

My sweet nieces. Who have had to deal with me missing birthday parties and other occasions since I have been in school.. and they sat through both the pinning and graduation.... they must REALLY love me :)

And of course my class mates! I have made some amazing friends over the past 2 years! There is no way I ever could have survived nursing school with out ya'll! Congrats to all of you! Can you believe we finally did it???




There it is! By far the most expensive piece of paper I own! 




1 comment: