Wednesday, May 2, 2012

We can be friends again...

1200+ flash cards, $1000+ spent on nursing school text books, 2 years spent in royal blue scrubs, a million pages read in a trillion different books, diagnosing myself with every disease I learned about, a handful of anxiety attacks, 2 packs of highlighters, 3 or 4 reams of copy paper, 4 or 5 ink cartridges, an amazing trip to Peru, getting to know some awesome girls, learning from some of the best instructors, coming close to pulling my hair out, 3 days of NCLEX review, hundreds and hundreds of NCLEX review questions, almost 1000 hours logged in the hospital/lab, more group projects than I cared for, care plans, pages and pages of clinical paperwork, 2 1/2 full planners, 6 binders full of notes, over 50 exams, and

2 years spent counting down the day that I could finally say...

I AM DONE!!!!!


The fact that I took my LAST nursing school final [for undergrad that is] today hasn't quite hit me yet. I 'm sure I will still be in shock until I take & [hopefully] pass my state boards from all of the free time I am going to have. The past 2 years have been a roller coaster that's for sure. It has consisted of all of the things I mentioned above plus the other hundred things I am sure I am missing... probably because I have mentally blocked them out. To be honest with you, I really enjoyed nursing school. I learned a lot about subjects that I love [okay so maybe I didn't love all of them] and learned that I have a passion for nursing. BUT 2 years is long enough for nursing school :) It's be fun but I am more than glad it is over.... which means I get my life back so we can be friends! :)

The only thing now is the pinning ceremony and graduation! :) WHICH is May 11 at 1030 am if anyone wants to come!

6 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Congratulations! You have come so far, good luck on your state boards, and until then; enjoy your free time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Amanda! That is awesome. What are your plans now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, girlie!! You have worked so hard and YOU DID IT!!!

    I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your going to pass for sure!! I m remembering graduating from nursing school being one of the best days in my life and having tears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks y'all!! I am SO excited! Were going to stay in Augusta & hopefully I will find a grown up job sometime soon:)

    ReplyDelete