I graduate in 3 months, 3 weeks, & 5 days. Remember this post? It seems like just last week that I started nursing school & now I am preparing to graduate and take the NCLEX & get a grown up job, as I like to call it.
The next 3 months, 3 weeks, & 5 days will most likely be the most intense months of my life. If I can somehow manage all of the stuff that I am required to get done to graduate I will have convinced myself that I am part super girl. Going into this semester I thought to myself "how amazing is it that I have class one day a week & practicum 2 of the other days" up until the first day of class when I then realized "holy moly... I have to take everything that I have learned in the past 2 years & not only remember it, but apply it to case studies and exams and clinical." Then I realized after being exhausted after my first week of class that it is going to take a lot of prayer & diet coke to get me to May 11.
On a less anxious and stressed out note I have no doubt that this will be an amazing semester. Why you ask? Well first of all its my last semester of undergrad. Second, I get the opportunity to attend a disaster training class with FEMA at the end of February. Third, I start my practicum on Thursday! Which means 12 hour shifts and seeing what it is like to be a real nurse! I am working on a cardiac floor so I am really excited! I have always found the heart to be amazing and it is something that I will always be able to learn new things about because it is so complex. Fourth, I am going to Peru at the end of March! Yep.. that's right Peru! Which also means I get to visit Machu Picchu! There is a women's clinic in Cusco! You can read more about the clinic here! I have been looking forward to this trip since I started school! Fifth, we have finally saved up enough money to buy our camera! I am excited to learn how to use it! And lastly... NO MORE CARE PLANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, January 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are in the home stretch!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!
ReplyDeleteI can understand why you are stressed, though...it is a lot. You are so awesome girlie. You amaze me.