Friday, December 30, 2011

Recent Discoveries


Okay... don't judge me or gag when I tell you this, but I haven't washed my hair since before Thanksgiving. I came across the no 'poo' method and I decided to try it! Instead of shampoo you mix baking soda and water together. You can also use apple cider vinegar in place of conditioner, but I don't really like the scent of the vinegar on my hair. I couldn't tell a huge difference until I had to use shampoo last week when we were at my parents house. It definitely lays flatter, less frizzy, and more manageable with the baking soda rinse. For now, I will continue using the baking soda in place of shampoo! And I promise my hair doesn't smell ;) 

First, I tell you I don't shampoo my hair and now I am telling you I am washing my face with castor oil and olive oil. Once again.. no judging & believe me I know it sounds weird :) I came across the oil cleansing method a couple of months ago and thought that I should try it, but it wasn't until I saw a similar post on a friend's blog. She ranted and raved about this so I bought some castor oil. I know what your thinking... how do you clean your face with oil? It is based on the principle of 'like dissolves like'.. you know the one you learned in 10th grade chemistry? It is supposed to naturally clean your pores. I have always had problematic skin so I figured what do I have to lose? So far I am having pretty good results with it! My skin is softer and slowly starting to clear up!
Ahhh! Last but not least! Apparently coconut oil is like a miracle oil because it has like a million uses [along with the other things in this post]. The only thing I have used it for is my hair. I learned about this in an email from how does she [only the most fun craft site ever!]. If you apply a handful of this to your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes or so it leaves your hair soft and shiny! 




2 comments:

  1. Hmmm--sounds tempting! I might have to try those. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about using those oils as a face wash, but I'm afraid my skin will totally freak out! But I guess if yours isn't I might have to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete