Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Always an adventure

Earlier in December, Adam and I were able to go to Utah and visit family and friends! It was so much fun! Having free flights is so nice... especially when half of your family lives across the country! It was so nice being out west again! I definitely haven't missed the freezing cold and the dry weather at all. I intended to go running everyday since my mother-in-law is a fabulous cook and I was convinced I was going to gain 50 pounds just from her cooking, but when I stepped outside and began to run on the first day and went 50 feet and wanted to die that plan quickly changed :) ANYWAYS the good news is I gained no weight and I have a bunch of fun pictures. Here are a few of them!

This is at a store called Winco... Kind of like Costco on crack AND you don't have to pay a yearly fee. This entire aisle is POTATOES

This is one of our really good friends back from before we were dating! We were so happy we were able to see him! 

Apparently, there are 2 locations for Tucanos near where Adam's parents live. We went to the Provo one and our friends went to the SLC one... So we ended up driving to Salt Lake so we could still see them. We spent the entire day at the Gateway Mall and temple square with some of our good friends that we also hung out with when we lived in Rexburg! This is at Tucanos... I ate so much I seriously wanted to explode. Thanks again to my awesome father-in-law for letting us use his car all day! :)


It was SOOOOO cold.. As evidence by the Rudolph nose on my face

Me and my super cute nephew who is now talking up a storm! 


My niece, Ashley,  and my nephew, Brett! I think we were playing some board game!

Another cutie! Devin is such a little ham :)

My VERY first roommate, Charity, and I! It was so good to see her and catch up!

Our Uncle Jon and his new bride! This was the first time I got to meet Jon and his new wifey! They are some of the greatest people!


My hunk of a husband outside with the gorgeous mountains! The one day it snowed... but it was melted by noon

Us outside of the Mount Timpanogos temple! I was amazed at how beautiful and massive this place was! So much bigger than Columbia or the Atlanta temple!

We had such a fun trip! It is weird that I am old enough to have friends that I literally haven't seen in years and  am so glad we got to spend time with some of them! We stayed an extra day to be at Jon & Lisha's wedding and we were glad we were able too! Being out there really made me miss the west, but when we came home and it was 65 degrees outside I was really grateful that we live in Georgia! :)

Since we decided to stay and extra day and getting booked on a flight with hardly any open seats we were lucky enough to sit in the airport for 16 hours... Me in the Salt Lake airport and Adam in Atlanta. We thought I would get on the flight after the one he got on... It is always an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment