Saturday, September 22, 2012

5 years ago today...

I went on a date with this really hott guy. It was my first date in college [and little did I know it was going to be my last first date ever.]...even though it wasn't really meant to be a date. It's a funny story really & by funny I mean not really funny at all more like "18 year old girl got set up on a date with her crush & didn't realize it" and was nervous and ended up sweaty.

It all started when this said hott guy decided he would get a group together to go to the big city of Idaho Falls to go to the mall. As the day got closer I grew more excited to be hanging out with hott guy and my new friends all day. And as the day grew closer one by one my new friends backed out until it was me, hott guy, and my sweet roommate, Lehla, who I feel like I should name my first born after. The day finally came and Lehla & I were sitting at the gas station while hott guy was filling up when she decided she "had a weird feeling & wasn't going to go." Then she literally left & walked home.  Yes thats right she left me & walked home. Any other sane girl would be pumped to be left alone with their crush.... No no not me... seeing how I could barely get 4 words out to hott guy because I was so nervous I knew it was going to be a long day of sweaty palms & tachycardia. Then on the way down hott guy declared this outing qualified for the 3 P's... planned, paid for, & paired off. yep he declared it a date. And I was doing flips on the inside because hott guy decided it was a date. He obviously did most of the talking with me nodding and being as awkward as humanly possibly. The day consisted of picking out a watch at the mall, deciding which cologne and perfume smelled the best, breakfast for dinner at IHOP, & ending the night watching the Princess Bride. The rest is pretty much history. From that day on I don't think we spent more than a day or 2 apart.

That is exactly how it happened...

The day consisted of picking out a watch at the mall, deciding which cologne and perfume smelled the best, breakfast for dinner at IHOP, & ending the night watching the Princess Bride. The rest is pretty much history. From that day on I don't think we spent more than a day or 2 apart. 


This was our first picture together... notice my awkward smile
Any guy who is willing to go out in public with his girl friend and her roommate dressed up with reindeer antlers, harry potter glasses, lightning bolts drawn on their foreheads, and capes to buy cookie dough is obviously in love.... a little embarrassing.

That awkward first date turned into this.... which is one of our engagement pictures
& finally after 11 months of dating and 8 months of being engaged we got married. 


& now 5 years later we still go to IHOP and The Princess Bride is one of our favorite movies. 


okay so this isn't from today but i think this picture is really funny. 



Needless to say that was the best first date ever...even with the nervousness and sweaty hands. 






6 comments:

  1. Such a darling tribute post to your epic love. The two of you are awesome and super awesome together.

    That engagement picture is cracking me up...and I love the red converse low tops with your wedding dress. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! :) And wow, you guys have us beat by one month on the engagement. I thought we had the longest Mormon engagement ever! (or practically...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that was five years ago! Look at all the good that can com from listening to weird promptings.

    (I'm starting to think I should've listened to Adam's advice and gotten married before the mission... because I'm still pretty single.) :P

    I love you guys so much!

    Lehla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story. Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute. You guys look like babies in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete