-The color red is just a suggestion...keep that in mind when you get in anything with wheels
- Don't drink the water...I promise you will only do it once
-Try food you wouldn't normally try...IE alpaca or guinea pig
- Do NOT flush the toilet paper.. throw it in the trash can
- open the windows in the bathroom and cover up the drains... it will smell if you don't
- Eat the cookies... seriously so good
- Shop around at the markets before you buy anything... you can always find what you want cheaper somewhere else
- BARTER! because you can always talk those little peruvian women down in price
-Peruvian men love pale, blonde hair, and blue eyes... seriously they do- I have like 3 Peruvian husbands now
- Keep a steady supply of Zofran with you if you get car sick
- If you do get car sick don't ever sit in the back of the bus
-Do things you wouldn't normally do if you get the chance...[IE surfing, hiking crazy mountains, salsa dancing]
- You can never take too many pictures
-. Don't wear a backpack when you are hiking a massive mountain... It makes the experience much scarier
- Meet as many people as you can!
- Learn phrases in Spanish that to relate to more than pap smears. It will make for less awkward conversation
- Yell "fiesta la taxi" before you get into a taxi... it makes the ride much more fun
-drink a lot of inca kola.. it tastes like liquid bubble gum
-Cusco hangs out at 11,000 feet & I felt short of breath sitting in a chair. How is that for feeling out of shape?? I accidentally ran up the stairs [1 flight might I add] & I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest.
-the kids in Peru are among the most beautiful children I have ever seen in my life... I want to adopt one...or 4
-Women breastfeed anywhere & everywhere... & no one protests it
-dogs are to Peru as squirrels are to Georgia
-The toilets flush counter clock-wise
The little kids really like seeing their picture after you take it... sometimes they will even want to take one with every one standing around them
-Fact- this trip changed my life.
-My favorite part of the trip wasn't the shopping or the food but when the women looked at us and thanked us for what we did. There is no explaining the gratitude I saw in their eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like an absolutely amazing trip. Glad you had such a wonderful experience! If I ever go to Peru, I will try to remember your tips :-).
ReplyDeleteI loved all of these posts!
ReplyDeleteI laughed out loud at the advice of, "Learn phrases in Spanish that to relate to more than pap smears. It will make for less awkward conversation." I will keep that in mind if I ever travel to Peru...or any other Spanish speaking country, for that matter ;)
Score on having 3 husbands!