Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 11- last day! BOO

I am really sad to see this trip end! It has been the best experience of my life and I have loved every single minute of it. I would do it all over again if I could [& plan on doing more trips like this in the future if possible]. We left Cusco around 1230 because our flight was a little delayed. The airport is always a fun place to meet people. Tya and I met this really cute older couple who had been traveling around Peru for 3 weeks just for fun [Is that the kind of thing I have to look forward to when I am retired?? awesome]. They were the sweetest little people and were both really excited to find out there was a bunch of nursing students and nurses on their flight because the man had some blood pressure issues and would get dizzy often. We made sure to keep an eye on him!

When we got to Lima we debated whether or not to go into town or to stay and hang out in the airport all day. We stayed in the airport but kept ourselves occupied with random things. We mainly walked around and looked in the shops. We met one guy from Australia who had been backpacking for 3 weeks. He started in Vegas and went to different countries in South America to surf.

It is always a little stressful when you are flying stand by & even more stressful flying stand by in another country. Tya and I got our seat assignments about 40 minutes before the plane left and we were really happy to have those first class seats. :) 

This is where our group hung out. We made a fort out of our luggage! 

I wasn't quite ready for this trip to end. It was the best experience I could ever ask for and I would do it all over again! I hope I explained things in a way that you could imagine being there. I hope the pictures do this beautiful country some justice! 



BTW since I didn't get sick I do believe Becky and Devin owe us dinner ;)

1 comment:

  1. So, we've been out of town this weekend...meaning I hadn't checked your blog since Tuesday. We will do dinner very soon...haha! I love that you remembered and put it on here!!

    ReplyDelete