| Amber, me, Karen, and Haley at the ropes course! |
Friday, June 3, 2011
camp breathe easy!
I spent the past 7 days at camp for kids that have asthma! I must say it was probably one of the best weeks of my life, despite the fact I was without Adam for those 7 days... it was so worth it. I went to get credit for my elective for school, but I didn't realize how rewarding it was going to be! I was on the med team with some really awesome people! The group me and 2 of my friends were with were SO much fun! I am really glad I got the chance to meet them and hang out with them all week! While I wasn't assigned to a specific group of kids they were a handful of kiddos that I took to pretty quickly. It was so much fun for me to watch how 2 of these boys grew. At the beginning of the week they both started out very timid and I could tell that neither of them had much confidence in themselves. I don't think that anybody has ever really pushed them to do things that they want to do, but don't have the courage to do on their own. One of my favorite moments of the week was when we were at the ropes course. For someone, like these 2 boys, who are scared of heights this could be a really terrifying thing! You climb up a wobbly ladder to get to this plank type thing that is 40 feet in the air. I'm not scared of heights but knowing that there was a possibility of me having to climb to top made my heart race. It took some serious encouragement.. and when I say serious I mean a lot of slow claps, name chanting, and pep talks, but these 2 boys finally did it. I was/am SO proud of them! It was such a huge step for these 2 kids and it is really going to change their lives. Just seeing enormous smile and the look of accomplishment on their faces brought tears to my eyes! Here are a couple pictures! I can't post any of the campers so these are some of the awesome people I got to hang out with this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment