Friday, May 20, 2011

Slightly bummed

I applied for an externship this summer at MCG. Unfortunately, I didn't get it. I was looking forward to this for a number of reasons.... extra money, expanding my nursing skills, & having something to do with my time, but Heavenly Father has different plans for me this summer! The more I think about it the more I realize that this is a great opportunity for me to expand other skills that I have and to spend more time on my calling! School has only been out for 3 weeks or so and I have already done lots of crafts and I had read 4 books. There are so many things that I want to do and learn & I feel like this summer is a good time to start  expanding some of my talents! :) This summer I really want to focus on learning to love myself... inside & out. A month or so ago I went to a relief society activity where a lady talked about doing a ten day challenge. It is supposed to help women feel beautiful inside and outside as well. Some of the "challenges" include writing 5 things you like about your soul and your body, spending at least the same amount of time reading and praying as you do getting ready, no media day, no "rude" talk day, starting a new routine, word of wisdom day, make crucial apts, connect with yourself, & change the world. Granted, this activity was a month ago and I have yet to do this challenge, but I really want to do it. I feel like loving myself is something that I struggle with on and off and something like this could really help me out.


Along with doing the ten day challenge I want to learn some of the basics of Spanish, exercise regularly, volunteer around Augusta, create beautiful things, hang out with my family/friends, learn to coupon, take advantage of the amazing travel benefits that delta offers employees, figure out some way to make some extra cash this summer, & relax and have fun. :) 


I made 7 of these cute flowers! They are made out of toilet paper rolls! I cut them into pieces and spray painted them red! They are hanging on the wall in our room! I love them! :)

2 comments:

  1. How did I not know you had a blog?! Love the flower idea. How is everything else? Way to go on making lemonade out of lemons re: the externship. Hope y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything else is going great! Just relaxing & hanging out with friends and family! How are you?

    ReplyDelete