At some point last year I felt like I lost the sense of who I was as a person. About half way through the year I stopped doing the things that made me happy and things I had once enjoyed. Emotionally, and in some ways physically, it was a hard year for reasons I won't go into. Some days, it took all of my energy to even get out of bed. So in 2014, I hope to find myself again. I am going to take more time for myself. I am going to take more time to find myself and to try and figure out who I am. I am going to strengthen my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I am going to share my testimony more. I am going to stop being so negative and focus on the positive. I want to be okay with not being okay. I am going to try to stop judging other people. I am going to journal more. I am going to live in the present and stop worrying about what has happened or will happen in the future. I am going to have more faith in God and in His plan for me instead of fearing what is to come. I want to grow as a nurse, a person, a wife, daughter, sister and friend. I want to dance more. I want to do more yoga and run more. I want to participate in at least one half-marathon. I am going to eat less junk food and more fruits and vegetables. I want to appreciate and love my body how it is. I want to care less about what others think of me. I am going to read more book and watch less TV. I want to do more service. I want to be a better example of my religion. I want to be a better missionary. I want to travel more and appreciate the beauty the Lord has blessed us with. I want to save up enough money to go to Bali. I want to spend more quality time with my husband and my family. I want to strengthen my relationships with my husband, family and friends. I want to send birthday cards to all of my nieces and nephews. I want to get out of debt. I want to have a conversation with someone in another language. I want to take advantage of every day. I want to do things that make me happy. For me, 2014 will be about improving myself. Becoming someone I can love and becoming someone others can love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love this post.
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love this post! Here's to a wonderful year. My 2011 was that way - it felt, at times, soul-crushingly hard. I seriously didn't know how I was going to survive it. But I did, and I learned from it, and 2012 and 2013 were years of absolute magic. I hope this year is like that for you! And bravo for having the courage to do things that make you happy. This is something I've been thinking about a lot this year - about how we have this cultural idea, almost, that doing things because they make you happy is not okay. Like you should be doing something more "productive," or something - when, often, I think we're at our most "productive" (if that even matters, but I know that it's always a big word for me!) when we're at our most happy, when we've taken the time to nourish our souls and fill up for the jobs life asks of us.
ReplyDelete"Everyone who is called by My
ReplyDeletename,
And whom I have created for My
glory,
Whom I have formed, even whom
I have made."
Isaiah 43:7
The key phrase being; "created for My glory", praise God.
I love you. Sending you prayers and good vibes for this year. You are wonderful and beautiful...you got this! :)
ReplyDeleteAmanda, you ought to sign up for Send Out Cards. It is a great way to remember to send cards to people that you want to. If you decide to do it, talk to Sara....she helped me get signed up.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great post, Amanda. My heart has been heavy a lot because I need to improve and repent...the quote by Elder Bednar made me cry...I am a work in progress but I am making strides. Thanks for writing this :)
ReplyDelete