Sunday, July 1, 2012

What is on your bucket list?


Lately, Adam and I have been talking about places we really want to visit and how it will be easier to see these places with an actual "grown up" income [as I like to call it (:]. This made me think about the bucket list I started in high school & how I wanted to start crossing things off it now that I have actual free time. Not like the free time where I don't have an exam that week and I don't have to spend every free hour studying, but actual free time.... Where I don't really have anything to do. The last few months of school I would continually day dream when the time would come when I had nothing to do. Well the time has come where I have all of this time and I haven't done much with it. I think I am still kind of getting over the fact that i'm not a student anymore and I don't have to buy school supplies in August. A few days ago I decided I needed something to inspire me... I felt like I have been in a funk lately and going through and adding things to my bucket list has helped me decide some things I want to accomplish over the next little while!

1. Travel to Greece
2. Travel to Italy
3. Travel to Spain
4. Visit all 50 states
5. Graduate from nursing school 
6. Get a masters degree/start graduate school before i'm 30
7. Have babies
8. Learn to surf
9. Work in the emergency room
10. Own a house
11. Run a marathon
12. Go on a medical mission trip 
13. Learn to play piano
14. Learn to play guitar
15. Learn Spanish
16. Visit Poland
17. Learn to cook really well
18. Learn to paint/draw
19. Have a garden
20. Learn to use chopsticks
21. Visit all of the temples in the United States
22. Go para sailing
23. Learn sign language
24. Have a mushroom farm
25. Make a quilt
26. Zip line through Costa Rica
27. Go zip lining 
28. Take a ballroom dance class
29. Learn to take pretty pictures 
30. Own a cow
31. Make the dean's list in nursing school 
32. Take a good picture of lightning
33. Go to Peru 
34. Visit the Redwoods in California 
35. Make yogurt
36. See the Sistene Chapel
37. Go to the Macys Day parade
38. Learn to shoot a gun & be comfortable with it
39. Pay off my student loans before im 25
40. Do a Susan J. Coleman 3 day
41. Witness something life changing 
42. Learn to drive a stick
43. Pass boards and become an RN
44. Have a 50th wedding anniversary
45. Backpack through Europe or South America
46. Adopt
47. Have a wardrobe that I love
48. Cook Thanksgiving dinner from scratch
49. Visit a castle
50. Throw a dart on a map & travel to where it lands


 What things do you want to mark off of your bucket list? Or what things have you marked off of your list recently?

4 comments:

  1. That's funny, I thought I'd see mud wrestling on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list and accomplishments! Come see me and I'll teach you how to use chopsticks ;)

    BTW I think you take great pictures. I loved seeing some of the pictures from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine ThomsonJuly 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM

    I can teach you how to play the Treble notes on the piano..but I can definitely teach you how to play the violin. That's close enough to a guitar right? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tings you have crossed off are amazing accomplishments!

    My bucket list is kind of lame now...does, "get a nap in the afternoon" count as an accomplishment? ;)

    ReplyDelete