Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Series of Fortunate Events..

I have been thinking A LOT lately about how fortunate and blessed Adam and I are. There have been various events that have happened in the past couple of months that have really made me realize just how grateful I am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. A few weeks ago we had to repair our car and that put us out a couple hundred bucks... then the next day I received some random scholarship for whatever reason that replaced that money and then some. A few days later, Adam was driving to work and that car we thought we had fixed broke down on the way to work. The friends that had helped Adam work on it came to our rescue and helped us tow it to their apartment and he fixed it the following Monday... And the list goes on.

A few weeks ago I was having a really bad week. I had an exam I was stressed about along with all of these other projects I needed to work on and for some reason I was not coping well with all of it. [It wouldn't be nursing school if I didn't cry at least a handful of times right?..] It even spilled over into the weekend, after everything was done. Until Sunday rolled around and I realized it was fast & testimony meeting. That day I became so grateful that I have the knowledge of the gospel. It makes the bad days much easier to endure. My religion is probably the most important thing in my life, besides Adam and my family, and i'm not sure if a lot of people know that. I know the reason I received that scholarship is because we pay our tithing. I know the reason that I am doing well in school is because I try to read my scriptures everyday  and pray for help and try to do my best at my calling. I know the reason we came to Augusta is because this is where the Lord wanted us to be. I know that we are being blessed on a daily basis for the sacrifices that we make. I also know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and I know that President Monson is the prophet of our church. And I know that by continuing to the things the Lord wants me to do everything will work out how it is supposed to work out. At this point in my life, I honestly wouldn't change a thing.

2 comments: