Sunday, July 31, 2011

golden birthday

Ever since I was a teenager I dreamed of the day that I turned 22. I know most people get really excited about their 21st birthdays or their 16th birthdays, but I was always excited about my golden birthday. You know when you turn the age of the day of your birthday... IE turning 22 on the 22nd. I always told myself that I would celebrate big for this one AND thanks to my husbands amazing job he was able to take me to Monterey, California for an entire week! We were lucky enough to get to stay with some of our good friends that we know from Rexburg! They also had A LOT of amazing hook ups for us! A HUGE thank you to the Simpson's for making my birthday and our vacation so amazing!

We got to Monterey late Tuesday night! Wednesday we started the day off at the Monterey Aquarium & Cannery Row!
On the plane! I was so excited!



yeah.. thats a SWEATER in JULY! 
cannery row!

heaven!

one of the many beaches! :)

more heaven!

seriously? AMAZING!

Later that day we learned how to play horse shoes with some of the Simpsons friends! It was a lot of fun but I suck at that game in a serious way! On Thursday we went to the outlets in gilroy, california! Gilroy is amazing for a few reasons.... 1- there is amazing shopping, 2- it is the world capital of garlic.. so the air smells like roasted garlic, & 3- IN-N-OUT. It isn't even fair that California gets in-n-out, mass production of not only garlic... but artichokes and mushrooms, beaches, mountains, and year round perfect weather. 

                                      seriously... most places in this state are like a little slice of heaven!
OH! California also gets the mystery machine too! 
FRIDAY! which was my birthday! We shopped around in the morning & then all of us headed over to fisherman's wharf! It is a lot smaller than in San Francisco, but I liked that! There were lots of fun stores.. my favorites were the candy shops! Why... you ask?





OH... it could be because all of the candy in these stores were GIANT sized! I would seriously turn into a broke whale if I lived here! That sucker is 100 DOLLARS! And considering I have a serious sweet tooth 23 hours of the day it is probably a good thing I live no where near this place :)


oh this is adam's new BFF! His name is Jacob and he is one of the most fun 2 year olds ever!

taffy pull! YUM

California even has giant fake ice cream cones


poor little boat :(

After fisherman's wharf we went & picked up Kristie's husband, Brent, and drove out to pfeiffer falls to hike through some of the "smaller" Redwoods! The drive was probably one of the PRETTIEST drives I have ever been on!
seriously??? people in cali get to see that ALL of the time.. once again unfair!



MASSIVE! 

That is Kale! It looks like clover but taste like... GRAPES. weird huh?



This is our new summer home!


gorgeous 







ohhh did I mention that this area has some CRAZY fog! It USUALLY disappears most days around noon, but it decided to come back. Anyways, so after the hike, which was absolutely beautiful, our friends dropped us off at fisherman's wharf so we could go to dinner! After walking on the beach and almost freezing and realizing everything was WAY too expensive we walked to Cannery Row and ate at Bubba Gumps :) [We went there on our Honeymoon!]
I almost froze! And believe it or not people were actually swimming in the ocean.. crazy

he is SO cute :)


apparently this guy does this every satruday!

On Saturday, we watched Harry Potter, which was amazing, and headed over to some beaches! We ended the day with none other than Jamba Juice! Being on the west coast really made me miss living in Idaho!
It was a little too cold to swim but I loved walking on the beach!



that is kelp... it seriously looks like some kind crazy sea demon 





We had to leave Sunday night, but ended our trip with a nice relaxing day and a delicious dinner... Kahlua pork [that doesn't actually have Kahlua in it lol] and amazing rum cake!

my new bff and I!



This was definitely the best birthday ever! Thank you SO much to everyone who made it special! Especially adam :) I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing man! He has spoiled me so much!


OH and my parents came up this weekend! I got even more spoiled! My mom made me an AMAZING bag and gave me her old sewing machine!!


one of a kind! My mom is the most talented person I have ever met!

No comments:

Post a Comment