Sunday, April 11, 2010

one year :)

i cant even believe that one year ago TODAY i married my best friend! the year flew by and it feels like i have been with him forever. it is hard to imagine what life would be without him. how fortunate am I to be able to spend all eternity with the guy of my dreams :) we had a super fun weekend planned together! i took him up to Chattanooga, Tn and we went to the TN aquarium! Aquariums are kind of our thing! We got engaged in one, we went to one on our honey moon, and now our anniversary! It was really fun! my favorite part was the butterfly room and, of course, the penguins! The butterfly room is a new addition to the TN aquarium and I am so glad it is there!! We also got the opportunity to see the hubble telescope IMAX movie in 3D! it was SO amazing! i could never imagine seeing some of the images that the astronauts have seen! Its amazing what the world can do with technology! Some of the images almost brought me to tears because they were so beautiful! After that we checked in at our hotel and found somewhere to eat. Someone recommended it is called Mt. Vernons! OMG. how amazing was this place! all southern cooking and good southern cooking! we shared fried green tomatoes and adam got chicken liver (gross), asparagus, and spinach casserole. And I got the most amazing fried chicken, mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. so good! i wont lie though we are little over eating out! it will be a while until we do it again! lol. i am really glad we got to spend our anniversary together! :)

On Wednesday Adam and I went and saw my absolute favorite band on this planet, Copeland. I have been to most of their shows since I have started listening to them and I must say I love everything about them. BUT this show we went to was their last :( after being together for 10 years they are breaking up. It was one of the best shows I have seen -- next to muse. All of the bands that opened for them were fantastic-- Deas Vail, Person L, and I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's business. We went with my really good friend carrie dunlap, her boyfriend Chad, and maggie mae (her awesome little sister). they are so much fun! it lasted about 4 hours... needless to say all of our feet hurt pretty bad and we were SO thirsty, but after the show we got to meet some of the band members INCLUDING aaron marsh -- the lead singer of Copeland and my biggest crush ever! but he had his chance :) that night was the perfect end, well sort of end, to a really crappy and busy week! :)

the past few weeks have been really hard for me to get through. For whatever reason KSU and I are not getting along. and i CANNOT wait until this semester is over so i dont have to go back. i really feel like the teachers dont give a crap about their students and they could care less whether we pass or fail... maybe i just have lame teachers... idk... but on the plus side my hard work has paid off a little bit in chemistry i got an 85 on my test!: ) which im so stoked about! we are getting so excited about moving to Augusta here in the next few months. It looks like a really nice town!! Not to mention i am SOOOOO excited to start nursing school! I finally feel like my schooling is getting me somewhere! OH we bought a new car! well.. kind of new! its an 89 corolla and it gets like 30 mpg! its a huge blessing! The past few weeks I have been noticing how gorgeous everything is becoming since spring has come. On my drive to Rome every week I notice how everything is blooming and how all of the colors go perfect together and it makes me realize that there is no way all of that happened on its own... and that the Lord has put all of this stuff on the earth for us. It makes me so grateful to live in such a beautiful place. Speaking of being grateful I am doing really crappy at keeping up that blog. i will get on it soon. I promise.. school is just hectic. That is all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment