Tuesday, November 30, 2010

gratitude!

Every now and then I doubt the blessings that the Lord has given us because I am feeling sorry for myself or I am stressing about something. The past month has been incredibly trying on us. Adam has been out of work since the beginning of November, I got called as the Young Women's president in our ward at church, & school has in fact gotten crazier. It was Saturday night as we were stranded on the side of I-20 at 9 pm  [literally in the middle of no where.. about 20 miles from the nearest town] when my amazing husband was trying to comfort and calm me down that I realized how unbelievably blessed we are, despite all of the trials that come our way. 
For example, what brought us to be stranded in some podunk little town on the way home you ask? Well as we were driving on what seems to be a never ending, dark, and desolate highway where we always thought in our mind how CRAPPY it would be to get stranded on that road... it happened. We ran over some metal going about 65 and it bent the rim of our tiny little corolla. Luckily, when Adam got out to check the car over the ONLY damage was a bent rim and flat tire. So Adam proceeded to change the tire as I was beginning to have a panic attack... then off we went. We only got maybe a mile down the road when it sounded like we had a flat tire. Adam got out to check and it was our spare.. not only was it flat but the rubber was shredded! So, there we were stranded on the side of I-20 at night and in the dark surrounded by woods. [Does that not scream horror movie??!!] Needless to say I was freaking out a little, okay A LOT. As we were calling almost everyone we knew in Augusta to come get us we finally called our Bishop and he came to get us. Around midnight we got rescued, but had to leave our little car on the side of the road. While we were waiting my amazing husband knew all the right things to say to bring me comfort. 
This brings me to all of the things I have to be grateful for...
1-My husband.. I honestly don't know what I would do without him! He always knows how to make me feel better. We go together so perfect and I couldn't imagine life with out him.
2-Our family- We have both been blessed with amazing families who brought us up in the church and teaching us to do the right things, which we both appreciate.
3- Friends- I didn't realize until Saturday night how many good friends Adam and I have in Augusta. I didn't realize how many people were willing to come and pick us up so we wouldn't be stranded anymore. 
4- The church- Without the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I would not be who I am and I would not be where I am. It has shaped me into the person I am and becoming. Having the opportunity to work with teenage girls has been amazing so far. I am continually shocked every time I meet with them by how much they have to go through and how strong they are.   
5-Trials- It sounds weird, but I am glad for everything the Lord puts us through. It makes us stronger and helps us to appreciate what we have. 
6- I am so grateful to be doing something that I know I am going to LOVE. I really couldn't imagine myself doing anything other than nursing. I am absolutely loving school and will love it more after finals are over! How many people can say they really and truly love and enjoy what they do everyday??
7- Christmas time- I LOVE this time of year! Most people are in such giving moods and not to mention I get to put out my awesome pink tree! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment